Calibration: For best results, use the One-Step Calibration Kit.
1. Remove plastic tab from battery compartment to start your digital hygrometer.
2. Simply place your hygrometer inside the bag and completely re-close the top zipper.
3. Allow the calibration bag to sit for 24 hours at room temperature, 65 degrees F to 75 degrees F.
4. The hygrometer should read +/- 0.3% of 75%.
5. Note the difference, if any, between the hygrometer reading and 75%. This will be the number of percentage points you’ll need to adjust for corrected future readings.
6. Proceed to adjustment.
1. Turning the adjustment wheel (Control #3) will adjust the humidity reading 1% for every 1 click/dash. Turning clockwise increases the percentage, and counter-clockwise decreases it. (Ex: The hygrometer should read 75% but it is reading 72%. Turn the adjustment knob 3 clicks clockwise.)
2. Press the Set button (Button #2). Temp and humidity will display “–” for a few seconds and reset to Celsius. Press Button 1 to change to Fahrenheit.
NOTE: Once the hygrometer is out of the 75.5% atmosphere of the bag, it’s reading the ambient air. This means that turning the knob the correct clicks and pressing reset will NOT show 75%, as the hygrometer is now reading the air in the room. If you want to confirm you’ve adjusted it properly, put it back in the bag for another 24 hours.